Personal Injury Lawyer in Pascagoula
Most people don’t plan to ever have to worry about filing a personal injury claim during their lifetime. Unfortunately, however, accidents happen that leave individuals with disabling or fatal injuries and tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost wages, and a variety of other losses. When this is the case, filing a personal injury claim is often the single most effective way to recover financial compensation. At the Gardner Law Firm, our Pascagoula personal injury lawyers understand what you’re going through and the questions you have. We are here to provide you with competent representation when you have suffered an injury due to another’s fault.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
When you have been injured and are looking for a personal injury lawyer who can represent you during the claims process, you want to hire someone who has experience in the area of law that is relevant to your accident and injuries. In other words, you don’t want to hire a criminal law attorney for your personal injury case, or hire a personal injury attorney who focuses on premises liability law for your car accident suit.
At the Gardner Law Firm, our lawyers have four decades of experience representing clients harmed in a myriad of different accident types. Cases we have handled in the past include motor vehicle accident claims, truck and bus accident claims, offshore accident and shipyard accident claims, burn injury claims, and wrongful death claims. We are also confident in our ability to represent clients who have been injured in an accident other than the ones listed, including pedestrian and bicycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, defective product cases, dog bite incidents, and more. If you are unsure of whether or not we can help you, call our Pascagoula office today for your free case consultation.
Understanding Fault in a Personal Injury Case
The foundation of a personal injury case is negligence: the failure to act with a proper degree of care. In order to recover compensation from a defendant in a civil action, you will need to prove that your accident would not have occurred but for the negligence of the responsible party.
You may also be tasked with proving that you did not contribute to your accident and injuries in any way. This is because the state of Mississippi is a pure comparative fault jurisdiction. Under this system, a plaintiff’s damages can be reduced in proportion to their degree of fault. Because insurance companies are loath to pay claimants their full settlement amount, an insurance adjuster may try to pin some of the blame for the accident on the claimant in hopes of reducing the payout due to the rule of comparative fault.
The fact that your damages award can be reduced if you are found to be partially at fault for your injuries should concern you. However, by arming yourself with a skilled attorney who is familiar with this law and tactics that are used by insurance adjusters to reduce claimants’ settlements, you can improve your chances of recovering every cent you deserve.
The Importance of Acting Quickly
It can be challenging to think about hiring a lawyer immediately following an accident, and if your injuries are severe, it may even be impossible. As soon as you can, however, you should pick up the phone and call a skilled Pascagoula injury lawyer. Failure to act quickly may result in:
- Mistakes when filing a claim or speaking with an insurance adjuster;
- Destruction or loss of evidence; and
- Breach of the statute of limitations.
If you do not file your personal injury suit within three years from the date of your accident, you risk being barred from recovery indefinitely.
You Deserve to Be Fully Compensated for Your Losses
There is nothing fair or just about being the victim of another person’s negligence. While there is nothing that can ever restore the state of your life to what it was prior to the accident, compensatory damages pursued via a personal injury claim are designed to “make whole” the plaintiff for wrong done to them. At the very least, there is no doubt that recovering a settlement can provide you with financial relief and confidence as you move forward into the future.
When you hire our Pascagoula personal injury lawyers, our goal is to make sure that you recover the maximum amount of compensation available to you. We work hard to make sure you receive compensation for your:
- Economic losses – Economic losses are actual monetary losses that result due to an accident and injuries. Economic losses might include property damage, medical expenses, future healthcare costs, and lost wages and benefits.
- Noneconomic losses – Noneconomic losses are more difficult to calculate as these types of losses are intangible. Examples of noneconomic losses include pain, suffering, emotional distress, disability, and decreased quality of life.
How Our Lawyers Work for You
You don’t want just anyone working on your personal injury case; you deserve the best. Our lawyers work diligently to ensure you get the legal services you need. Our process includes:
- A thorough investigation – We thoroughly investigate your case, working with accident reconstruction and other experts to piece together what happened, determine liability, and calculate your damages.
- Representation during the claims process – We can handle all elements of your personal injury claim on your behalf, including filing your claim and speaking with an insurance adjuster.
- Negotiations – We advise our clients to never accept a first settlement offer. When you receive a settlement, we will assess it to determine whether or not it’s adequate. If not, we head to the negotiation room where we aggressively advocate for you.
- Litigation – While our goal is to settle claims out of court, we care more about making sure our clients get what they deserve. We are skilled litigators who have recovered more than $20 million on the behalf of our clients.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with our Pascagoula Injury Lawyers Today
Being harmed by another person is never fair. When you call our personal injury lawyers, we will do everything we can to make sure that the wrong you’ve suffered is righted. To schedule your free consultation, please visit our Pascagoula office on Canty Street today, call our office at 228-762-6555, or send us a confidential message describing your situation.
Back to Office Locations