South Mississippi Lawyers for Car Accident Injuries
At Gardner Law Firm, one of our main areas of focus is representing people who have been injured in car accidents on South Mississippi highways, roads, and interstates. In our 35-plus years of practicing personal injury law, we have found the most frequent causes of car accidents to be speeding and drunk driving, and now distracted driving due to texting and talking on cell phones. Each of these irresponsible (in legal terms, “negligent”) behaviors can cause serious injury or death to innocent people. If you have been injured in a car accident, our goal is to help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Types of Car Accident Personal Injury Cases
There are many ways you can be injured in a car accident. The most common is to be involved in an accident as a driver or passenger in another vehicle. But you could also be struck as a pedestrian while walking, or while riding a bicycle or motorcycle. In all of these situations, the consequences of being involved in a motor vehicle accident may be devastating and life-altering, from broken bones to head injuries and spinal injuries. Here’s more on different types of automobile-related accidents.
- Car Accidents – Simply due to the large number of cars on the road, passenger cars are the vehicles most frequently involved in crashes and collisions. When a collision involves a large sedan or SUV and a smaller compact or sub-compact car, people are especially likely to suffer serious injuries. SUVs are also involved in rollover accidents due to their height and lack of cornering ability.
- Pickup Truck Accidents – Pickup trucks are responsible for many motor vehicle accidents in Mississippi, not only because many people drive them but also because, like SUVs, they are unstable in cornering. Often those injured are young adults riding in the uncovered cargo bed in the back.
- Package Delivery Truck Accidents – Package delivery trucks are frequently involved in motor vehicle accidents, as drivers are under economic pressures and sometimes drive recklessly to make their deliveries within a predetermined and unrealistic time frame. Sometimes, delivery trucks park illegally (with the engine still running) so the driver can make a quick delivery. The trucks’ large, boxy size may make it difficult for pedestrians to see oncoming traffic when attempting to cross the street.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle accidents account for a high number of serious injuries and fatalities occurring on the roads each year. Motorcycles can be almost invisible to drivers in larger vehicles, and may be driven off the road by cars and trucks changing lanes or making a left-hand turn into oncoming traffic.
- Bicycle Accidents & Pedestrian Accidents – Bicyclists and pedestrians may be struck by motor vehicles, and when they are, the resulting injuries are almost always catastrophic. A bicyclist or pedestrian does not have the protection of steel reinforced doors, seatbelts, or airbags, like drivers and passengers in automobiles do.
What to Do after a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident as a driver or passenger, motorcyclist, bicyclist, or pedestrian, please call us for an official consult. As our client, we’ll help you navigate the insurance process and protect any personal injury claims you may have against the negligent driver(s). Timing is essential, and it is important to act quickly. We will need to gather evidence regarding the state of the driver at the time of the accident, cell phone records, police reports, and other information that will help us build your case.
Even if you were partially responsible for causing the car accident in which you were injured, you may still be able to recover costs and damages if the other party’s behavior also contributed to the accident. Let us determine if are entitled to compensation, and get you the money you deserve.
Call Us if You’ve been Injured in a Car Accident
Our client-oriented team of personal injury attorneys is available to talk about your car accident and your options for recovering compensation for your injuries. Contact us online, give us a call, or if you are incapacitated due to serious injuries, we will come to you.