Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Pascagoula
In the US, automobile accidents are the prime cause of thousands of pedestrian injuries and deaths each year. Pedestrians especially are at greater risk of sustaining life-threatening injuries in the event of an accident. In fact, statistics show that it is 1.5 times more probable for pedestrians to be killed in the event of a crash, compared to vehicle-occupying passengers.
At Gardner Law Firm, you will find our Pascagoula, MS pedestrian accident attorneys dedicated to protecting the rights of collision victims and their families. We fight for the injured victims and their representatives strongly in personal injury and wrongful death claims and have a distinguished reputation for being forceful advocates of their interests.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Biloxi, Mississippi
In an ideal scenario, a “pedestrian” would simply be a person on a crosswalk. However, we can’t overlook the need for foot traffic to interact with roadways. There are numerous situations that can result in pedestrian injury. Here are some of the common types of pedestrian crashes that may occur in Pascagoula, MS:
- Midblock Crashes: Motorists are less likely to spot a pedestrian on the road if they are not on a crosswalk or intersection.
- Turning Car: When making a turn, drivers tend to forget to check for foot traffic at the intersection.
- Walker/Jogger: If a pedestrian is walking or jogging in the same direction as the traffic, they won’t be able to identify approaching hazards. In this case, the motorist must exercise extra caution to avoid an accident.
- Bus Accidents: School and city bus stops often cause mid-block pedestrian collisions. When following or approaching a bus, drivers should follow all stop signs and drive carefully as big vehicles can hide people from view, causing an injury.
- Multiple Dangers: When crossing a street with several lanes headed in either direction, a stopped car blocks other drivers’ sight from identifying a pedestrian. Additionally, if approaching cars don’t stop, the pedestrian may not have the time to react to unexpected danger.
- Parking Lots: Whenever vehicles and people share the same thoroughfares, such as in parking lots, pedestrians are more inclined to be hit by crossing cars and reversing vehicles.
Collaborating with our knowledgeable pedestrian accident lawyers to discuss the actual circumstances and type of collision will be useful in proving the driver’s negligence.
Key Causes of Pedestrian Crashes in Pascagoula, Mississippi
In a majority of cases concerning motor vehicles, pedestrian accidents occur due to the motorist’s carelessness. Motorists have a ‘duty of care’ towards people, especially wayfarers, with whom they share the roadway. When they don’t exercise reasonable care and drive in a negligent or hostile manner, the risk of accident increases.
The most common ways in which car drivers may derelict from their duty of care are:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Disregarding signals
- Not giving way to pedestrians
- Turning left or right without signaling
Pedestrian crash victims must be entitled to get full compensation for all expenses and losses they have endured, both now and into the future. At Gardner Law Firm, we’re committed to maximizing our clients’ recoveries, as we know it’s instrumental in rebuilding their lives from the ground up.
Why Choose Gardner for Your Pascagoula, MS Pedestrian Accident Claim?
Here are some of the key attributes of our pedestrian accident attorneys in Pascagoula, Mississippi:
Our pedestrian accident lawyers have years of experience representing crash victims and helping them obtain the maximum compensation possible. With our expert team at your side, the insurance company is more likely to offer a fair settlement quickly. Even if the case goes to trial, our experience and expertise in collecting and presenting solid evidence will tip the balance in your favor.
As experienced pedestrian accident lawyers, we have developed relationships with numerous medical specialists, forensic experts, accountants, and other experts whose inputs and testimonies will be necessary to strengthen your case. In addition to that, our legal team handles the complex formalities and paperwork that accompany a personal injury claim in Mississippi.
Our pedestrian accident attorneys know how to approach an accident. They will ensure that all evidence is identified, collected, and organized for the most efficient presentation in court. Any digital (electronic or video) evidence might also play a crucial role in presenting your case. Therefore, our lawyers perform detailed on-site investigations to obtain crucial evidence and reach out to potential eyewitnesses for further fact-finding.
Our skilled pedestrian crash lawyers will fortify your case with hard evidence and will do everything possible within the ambit of law to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Safety Guidelines to Protect Pedestrians in Mississippi
- Numerous safety laws are in place to protect you while crossing roadways. For your safety, obey the lighted “WALK” and “DON’T WALK” signals while crossing. When you are in a crosswalk with a countdown timer and it ends before you get to the other side, you have the right of way. Nevertheless, always walk within the defined crosswalk area and be aware of your surroundings. Look both ways before crossing a street for maximum protection.
- Drivers have to yield to pedestrians who’re entering or crossing. They shouldn’t overtake other vehicles if these have stopped to allow a pedestrian to pass. Also, never block a crosswalk with your vehicle.
- All these rules pre-assume that vehicles remain on the roadway where they belong. However, sidewalk accidents are also quite common, where speeding vehicles overstep the curb and strike pedestrians on the sidewalk.
- Mostly, drivers are at fault in pedestrian accidents. However, foot travelers also need to be cautious while crossing the street. If you are a victim of a pedestrian accident, our personal injury lawyers are always there to help you get a fair compensation for your losses.
Work with Leading Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Pedestrian accidents often leave you with injuries that may require a lifetime of treatment and care. This is why you must seek an appropriate amount of compensation from the party at fault. This is to ensure that you and the people close to you don’t suffer the financial burden of your injuries.
Gardner Law Firm one of the most trusted firms in the area. We have represented many Pascagoula residents in personal injury cases and secured substantial compensations for their damages. We provide you with robust legal representation and assertively ensure you are not taken advantage of by the negligent party’s insurance company.
If you are a victim of a pedestrian accident and injury, let us help you. Call our firm today at 228-436-6555 and set up a free consultation with one of our attorneys.
Contact Gardner Law Firm Today
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from www.gardnerlawfirmpc.com